dr. fell

Non amo te, nec possum dicere quare;
Hoc tantum posso dicere, non amo te.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Squall Lines

Who brought that hurricane into my home?
It rumpled the rugs and my curtains are gone
It knocked over chairs and it dirtied my plates
Emptied my cupboards and broke all the gates.
Kitty just hid in the wall with the mice
For her warm cozy bed got filled with crushed ice.
My pup comes home later, in a week, if he dares
For now, though, he's safer asleep with the bears.
The violets in the garden have all turned fully white
And thistles hide their prickles, in whopping great fright.
Who let that hurricane into my home?
The pudgy round face makes it look like a gnome
Its shrieks can pierce armor from ten miles away –
Oh, it's just my nephew coming over to play.
Come, have a cookie, some candy, my sweet...
We still have your grandma and grandpa to meet.

No comments: